24/10/2008

Kungsholmen - Söder






Yesterday we went to Kungsholmen and had a wander round. When I was growing up the neighbourhood was nothing special, a place were only pensioners lived. But in the past few years it has had an influx of cool shops and cafés and I almost don't recognise it now. The first two pictures are from De Fyra's shop and showroom where I couldn't resist buying a pretty little plate the perfect size for a kanelbulle. I then continued on to Söder which has been hip for the last 15 years or so for some more fika and some sushi in the evening. I'm going home soon so I'm squeezing in as many fikas I can before it's too late :) Have a great weekend everyone!

12 comments:

  1. oh i want to go to sweden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yasu: you'd love it! you just have to go... but I'd recommend a summer trip as the city is at it's best then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the second shot.
    and, kanelbulle (and Polly) in itself would be worth moving to sweden :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the second photo and the bottom one. It sounds like a great walk I take these walks to photograph, too. It is fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. where was the third photo taken? the tiles resemble our portuguese tiles so much... i'm doubting if they're not?

    i had such a great time on a spring vacation to stockholm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your blog is really a beautiful place!

    Mila
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. zahai: you can get frozen kanelbullar at ikea in the foodshop if you're craving them, they're not perfect but they're good enough... I really must make sure I bake my own this winter!

    kerry hawkins: photo walks are so good for you, aren't they?

    sushi lover: the third pic was taken at café frankfurt in kungsholmen (they do really good sandwiches) and yes the tiles are lovely, if I could afford to I'd get tiles like that for our kitchen floor...

    mila: thank you very much, so is yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Du tar så himla fina bilder, om jag bodde i utriket så skulle jag känna att jag bara måste åka till Sverige och Stockholm. Har verkligen blivit hemmablind här...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Stockholm finns sååå många coola ställen. Massor med nytt varje gång man åker dit för att hälsa på. Nästan lite stressande ibland men väldigt kul.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your pictures alot! So many lovely colours and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmmm... to much goodness... i... can't...handle...it....!!!! (p.s. i just got the word Bervey in the word verification.. wonder if it means anything.. it seems like a real word...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw shoes hung... and I thought .... liberated zone there too?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.