31/12/2008

Tate Tuesday







A few days ago I saw some pictures from the Cildo Meireles exhibition on a blog somewhere. When I showed them to the hubby he suggested that we go down to Tate Modern to have a look for ourselves. This never happens, as one of the things he can't stand is being dragged around certain types of exhibitions. I have learnt over the years that this is something I should do on my own or with other people, so you can understand how pleased I was that he wanted to come with me. Within two seconds of stepping into the exhibition I realised that we'd made a huge mistake! Conceptual art practically sums up everything that my man hates about art, and I'm not a huge fan of it either. We must have zoomed through it in 20 minutes, but I still had fun sneaking out the new Ixus and putting it through its paces. Funnily enough seeing three guys by the escalators and snapping St Paul's being beamed up (spotted by the hubby) was far more rewarding than what we actually went down there for :)

OK OK, enough rambling for today and more importantly:

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you! I really want to say thank you for all your words of kindness and encouragement throughout the year. It's been so nice to "meet" you in this space. I had no idea how fun blogging was until I had a go myself! Hope you have a great evening and that 2009 will be a good vintage for us all. Cheers!

18 comments:

  1. ha! this is another reason why i think j + t will get along so well!!!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year mch + j, I so hope I get to see you guys in a few weeks time! keep crossing them fingers :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. I love the Tate. I am not big on conceptual art, as well. But, the photos you took made it worth the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your photos are so interesting to look at. Happy new year to you too famapa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year!
    Pics looks really cool though.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new year! keep the good blogging up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wee! GOTTONYTTÅR F! jag ska lova att snart smacka på med grajor på bloggen ;) men här hos R är jag så laaat (har dock fotat idag! comin up!)

    gu va fin dag och vilken upplevelse på flera sätt. (hihi konceptkonst...) -Plötsligt händer det liksom, hoppas du får gå med mannen din på fler utställningar nästa år med! Äkta konst, äkta man!

    Kram och tack för att din blogg är en av de absolutivt bästa 2008! Nu ska jag kandera eplen i oognen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy new year Famapa! looking forward to reading more of your adventures in 2009 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gott nytt år utan snuva men med många av dina fina fotografier! Snödroppar snart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy new year :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gott nytt år och fin fortsättning :)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmm art can be tricky, but don't give up ! good luck with it !
    happy new year sweetie !!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. hejhejhej!! nu vaknar jag till liv igen, slut på helg-dvalan, äntligen! gott nytt år! ska gå vidare i tidigare blogginlägg nu! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gott Nytt År! Underbara foton som alltid. Jag håller med - inte visst jag att blogga skulle vara så här kul!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish you the best in this New Year 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy new year famapa.
    thank you for providing some many wonderful images, words and notions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy new year! i hope its a wonderful one <3

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.