15/08/2019

Art Brut

Henry Darger


Lee Godie


Mr Imagination

William Dawson


Lee Godie






Merde. I'm four months behind... I guess I can claim I live the slow life - at least here, haha! But I'm sure you're used to it by now, and it's still the holidays, soooooooo... Back to Paris then! These pics are from Halle Saint Pierre, a gallery dedicated to Art Brut, aka outsider art. I so wish we had a permanent place for this kind of art here in London too (maybe we do - tell me if so?). The first five shots are from the Chicago Art Brut exhibition which was all kinds of wonderful (I've linked to biogs about the artists below the pictures, but please note both exhibitions that I mention have already finished). The last three were from the Hey! Modern Art & Pop Culture exhibition they had upstairs, but I didn't really pay attention to who the artists were as we were pretty tired by then. The bookshop and the café looked really good too, but we had to move on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.