14/01/2019

November/December

Looks like I didn't use my large camera much in November. In fact, I even managed to forget to bring it with me when I went to Stockholm at the beginning of the month, which I saw as an opportunity to be more present with family and friends. It's a tricky thing to balance, as I do miss out a bit of being in the moment when I take pictures, but then I really enjoy capturing moments as they happen, and love having a memento of a split second that I'll then treasure forever. But taking pictures is just a fraction of time in a day, so it's really no big deal. Well, November is always Oomoo's birthday, and I can't quite understand how he is nine already. Here he is looking at a pile of pressies early on a school morning.



2018 was a really good year in London art-wise. And in November I went to see Yayoi Kusama, Heidi Bucher and Cornelia Parker's PsychoBarn, amongst other things. Heidi Bucher's latex skinnings were so cool!

Christmas morning. Buddy checking out the mess on our bed, whilst Oomoo opens his presents.

Our niece made the Christmas crackers this year, and some of the jokes had us in hysterics. An example:" What's the best thing about Switzerland? I don't know, but their flag is a big plus!"

A round of Mafia, at the xmas dinner table, which we have been playing a lot recently. Clearly neither of these guys are the mafia in this round...

The only picture of me at xmas this time round. I never blooming remember to pass the camera on to someone else so there is proof that I was there too.


Cuddles with Pepper the cat.











And finally, for New Year's, we went with friends to the Cotswolds for a couple of days. A great rounding off a pretty good year! Let's see what 2019 brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.