13/12/2010

Color me good




Went down to check out the James Turrell exhibition at the Gagosian Gallery on Friday afternoon with the Oomster. As it was the last day there was a long queue to see the main installation, but despite the heat (I thought galleries are usually cold!) and the 25 minute wait, Oomoo was a trooper and waited with me patiently (mainly thanks to the lady in the last picture who happily responded to his flirting :) ). I've seen Turrell's work a few times before and it's much more of an experience when you can enjoy it on your own in your own time, instead of as a group and for five minutes only, as it was this time. Still, it was nice to get out of the house, so I ain't complaining! Anyway, I snuck these pics for you, hence the weird framings. Happy Monday!

9 comments:

  1. I thought the framing was very creative at first glance and I still do

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this colourful set. Last time in Paris, I went to Gagosian to see the Cy Twombly exhibit. Was crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pictures are working as a vitamin inject to me through the screen! Thank you i needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice sneaky pics! they are tough at Larry's place....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the framing, worked well with the 'outer space'feeling of the lights and colours - the pictures look really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the weird framings WORK. i love these shots. thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay pink! instead of all that christmas red and green and golden.
    love these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. det här var fan som ljusterapi att se in i. eller: som att mac:en slagit på skärmsläckaren med alla färgerna. wow!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.