03/07/2012

Modernity

Last Friday we went with my mother-in-law to see the Bauhaus exhibition at the Barbican (I couldn't sneak any pics inside) and if you're in town I can highly recommend it. I've seen countless Bauhaus related exhibitions over the years, but it turns out you can't ever see too much of it. Oomoo got a chance to have a run around the Barbican complex afterwards and so everyone was happy! Just as with South Bank I used to think the Barbican was a terrible eye sore, but now I loves it :)

4 comments:

  1. I saw the exhibition at Moma last year and really loved it. I studied in Weimar, and the first Bauhaus building is still part of today's university (I spent many days and nights in it).
    and the Barbican, it's like an oasis in the city, which is very strange to say about a structure that is 95% concrete! I miss it dearly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! lucky you! looks like a beautiful building. and you're spot on about the barbican being an oasis; it's so brilliantly self-contained. I'm glad I'm not alone about loving it :0)

      Delete
  2. i adore the barbican, brutalism and pretty much any concrete building - architect disease.
    lovely pics as always and thanks for the reminder, must see bauhaus too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sara! yes, get thyself down there if you haven't already!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.