24/08/2014

A favourite

For the past 23 years or so I've been fortunate enough to visit my friend A's country house, just a half hour outside of Stockholm. It's insanely photogenic, and the evening light on the particular day we were there this time round was ridiculous. We had a lovely time out there; swimming, eating and playing (and Oomoo got his first bee sting there too!) and I really hope we get to go again. What you can't see in these pictures is quite how packed the island has become, new houses keep being built for people who now live there all year round, and that country side feeling is quickly getting lost. My friend is thinking of selling up and getting something much further out in the Archipelago, but whatever happens, I'll always cherish my summer memories from this very special place.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pics!
    How nice to have a place with fond, childhood memories, which you could share with your own family. Hopefully, the place will not be a victim of its beauty...
    I seriously need to visit the Scandinavian countries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful….lovely photos…..treasure your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous photos! The light in the last one is just stunning!

    So happy to finally catch up on your photos again. You truly have a great (funny) eye!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.