16/05/2016

A little big guy called Buddy

You know how they say stroking a pet alleviates stress and can help during depression? Well, they're not wrong. Around the time I took a funny turn, my husband finally came round to us getting another cat. Perfect timing if you ask me. We decided that we didn't want to replace Little Mo, and so went with an as opposite a cat as you can get. He may look petite, but in fact, as these pictures are already a couple of months old, it's funny now to see him looking so "small". So first of all he is a he, long haired and a Main Coon, the largest domestic cat breed there is. They are the closest you can get to having a dog without having an actual dog. He plays fetch, follows you around the house all the time and is super social. He simply just wants to be with you, as much as he can. Little Mo was often hiding somewhere, and wouldn't dream of playing with a room full of kids like it was nothing. I still well up sometimes thinking about her, and at one point I did think why on earth are we getting another cat that we will love and lose - again. But I'm hoping that we will have many years of fun with this furry dude, and I'd rather have known him than not at all.

4 comments:

  1. I know, is so hard when they leave us. I just lost my dog and still mourn her. But they make our lives so much brighter and each of them has a special little personality of their own. Have a lot of fun with your little Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear about your dog. They are such special beings that we get to share our lives with. I was quite surprised by the grief I felt when we lost Little Mo; I don't think I'd realised how much she was a part of our lives. Sending you big hugs!

      Delete
  2. Your cat is so cute and I'm sure he is a lovely addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's such a lovely guy - it's pure joy having him with us.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.