09/01/2013

Monday's reds

I treated myself on Monday and went to see three exhibitions; William Klein + Daido Moriyama at Tate Modern and Cartier-Bresson: A question of colour and Tim Walker: Story Teller at Somerset House. It's probably been about four years since I did a full art day on my own, and I must admit it felt both weird and wonderful. William Klein was really good (Moriyama=zzzzz) and I was so happy to finally see some Saul Leiter prints in the flesh. I wish I could have put them in my bag and walked off home! I was also totally blown away by seeing Joel Meyerowitz, Ernst Haas and Fred Herzog's pictures. I think my eyes might have been drooling. On another day I'm sure I would have enjoyed the Tim Walker exhibition, but after seeing such amazing street photography, fashion photography in comparison just looked stupid.

Feast your eyes:

William Klein
Saul Leiter
Joel Meyerowitz
Ernst Haas
Fred Herzog

1 comment:

  1. i really enjoy TIm Walkers photography, but not every day=) sounds like you had a wonderufl time!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.