13/03/2009

Diana fun



I have a little bit more of Sandra & Johan's visit to share with you today! Sandra & I decided to treat ourselves to the joys of the Diana + camera so we bought one each. I've been wanting to try medium format for ages and as a Hasselblad isn't within my budget at the moment, the little plastic Diana will have to do. As with any toy camera it's a bit of gamble (it takes me back to my Lomo days!), but I'm a bit annoyed that it cost me a small fortune to have these done and that in the end I had no prints! It cost £3.99 to have the roll developed (12 frames out of which 8 came out) and then £15.99 to have the neg scanned. And prints? £2.99 a pop! So I chose to go without prints and now feel a bit cheated that I shot a roll of film and ended up with them in a digital format! I'd really like to find somewhere else to have my film developed, anyone got any suggestions?

10 comments:

  1. det blev väldigt snygga foton. voj voj. vad sött att ni köpte dem samtidigt :) ha en fin helg, famapa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try this place - they'll scan and print your pics for about £8 :)

    http://www.lomographynewcastle.co.uk/spectrum.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. hanna: tack! kul med lite film igen... ha en superskön helg!

    emma: thanks for the tip, I'll try them next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello famapa. i like diana very much :) i have lots of fun taking pictures with it, even though i keep making mistakes. i am learning so much! i feel like i have a better understanding of how cameras work now. not all of the pictures i took have been pretty, but there were a few special ones. i get prints and they are not cheap. i paid $16(USD) for 12 prints...but i do like having them.

    i am so happy i found your blog! your photos make me happy. have a beautiful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know, analog is such an expensive pleasure. But a great one!

    here in Mexico we´ve been having a little bit of trouble finding medium format films... once in a whle they dissapear, and then they come back! so right now it´s one of those moments. I´m on my Diana days as well.

    cheers, have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these shots! and Sandra & Johan are so great in photos! I am trying to convince Jin to wear a bowtie, like Johan!
    keep searching for an economical way to develop/print/scan your film. There has to be something! I had to search awhile in Toronto, but I finally found one I am happy with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. jessops on new oxford st recently developed my holga films. they were £8 each with some nice square prints.. i didn't get a cd, that cost £4 more i think. i'm happy with them.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great portrait of Sandra and Johan, I wish I would try a Diana too, gives me hope I can!

    ReplyDelete
  9. melanie: thanks for the jessops tip, I'll try them next (not sure I trust royal mail to not lose the film on it's journey to newcastle :) )

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh yes i used to use jessops. or snappy snaps- they still have snappy snaps? is that even right. it's something like that.

    i bought a pretty cheap scanner and just pay for developing.

    i really love these. more please.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.