14/05/2008

Reading matter


I've been book-less for about a month now. I've been reading a few chapters in a couple of books but not really settling with either. I missed being enveloped by a story and had a look through my book shelves yesterday to see what I haven't yet read. To my surprise I realised that all the unread books I have are gifts! Oh dear... I guess that in itself must mean that books I have given as gifts must also be lying somewhere unread. I've actually made a start on a couple of these, I got the farthest with "Snow" by Orhan Pamuk but stopped reading it as I felt a bit down at the time and the book is about suicides - not very cheery but I will read it one day as I'm a fan of Pamuk's. I decided to go with the one that has lied unread for the longest. I think I chose well.

Two of my favourite authors:

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read much lately, but I got to read a few books when I was in Greece last week - books by Paul Auster and Haruki Murakami :-) I'll read more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a coincidence! I really enjoyed Mr Vertigo, The Brooklyn Follies, The Book of Illusions, and The New York Trilogy by Auster. I actually don't remember the others so I guess that means that I can re-read them now! I also loved the Wind-up Bird Chronicle and Dance Dance Dance, I need to go down to the book shop and treat myself to some more Murakami books. Or just wait 'til my birthday and ask for them ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. short history of tractors in ukranian is such a fun book to read..it is one of those books that re-attaches, encourages you to reading when you have been away from it for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i so have to get started reading again, but my problem is that i won't settle for anything less than greatness, and its hard to find. Love poul auster!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.